The Micah Report Columns Thoughts Predictions About Micah Archives Contact
The Micah Report

« Statue of A/S Lueger | Main | Liz Taylor & Cleopatra »

Herd Immunity
By Micah Halpern

Tuesday October 13, 2020

I've Been Thinking:

We are hearing a lot about “herd immunity”. It requires some explanation.
Never in history has herd immunity been a strategy for confronting a disease, an epidemic or a pandemic. Herd immunity is a result of a vaccination policy.

Let’s take measles, for example. Because 95% of the population is vaccinated, the other 5% are mostly protected. That 5% is composed of infants and others who cannot be given the vaccine.

Even in cases where the minimum percentage of herd immunity is less, like polio - where it is 80%, the principle is predicated on the vaccine.

The suggestion that people be exposed to COVID – 19 so that they develop herd immunity is just absurd. Or to suggest that they are already immune because others around them have been ill, is just absurd.

In the United States 8 million people, out of 328 million people, have been exposed. That is a 0.3% of the total population. About 10% of the world has been exposed.

The only way to get to herd immunity is with a vaccination and even then, the vaccine needs to be a blanket covering well over 80% of the population.
Self-delusion and made-up excuses are not an excuse for caution and proper conduct.

Read my latest book THUGS. It's easy. Just click.

To reprint my essays contact sales (at)
Follow MicahHalpern on Twitter

14 October 2020 10:23 AM in Thoughts

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Herd Immunity:

» Luneta ChrysLer Neon II 1999 from Luneta ChrysLer Neon II 1999
The Micah Report [Read More]

Tracked on October 13, 2020 12:53 PM

» free robux generator from free robux generator
The Micah Report [Read More]

Tracked on October 14, 2020 01:53 AM


Post a comment

Powered by Movable Type     Site design by Sekimori